posted on May 31, 2010 02:44
Earth-Friendly for Life
WHAT CAN YOU AND YOUR FAMILY DO?
Following are some cheap and easy ways to promote healthy living for you, your family, wildlife and the environment:
· Use alternative lawn care: Chemical lawn care systems leach into and contaminate water supplies. Choose alternative lawn care that contains all-natural and environmentally-friendly weed control and fertilizing components. Want a green, healthy, weed-free lawn but don’t want the dangers of chemicals? You’ll never need those little flags warning kids and pets to stay off your treated turf again. With the growing awareness of natural and organic living, alternative methods for lawn care are now being offered. Look for products that are safe to use around children and pets and keep water supplies clean. The Happy Gardener offers an organic certified lawn care program that is safe for kids, wildlife and the environment.
· Grow healthy, chemical-free fruits, veggies, herbs: With the increasing awareness of harmful effects form chemical residue intake, it is wise to provide your family with organic & home-grown foods. The Happy Gardener is proud to offer our exclusive line of Happy Naturals ™ organic plant foods, foliar sprays and pest control. We can help you feed your family what they need!
· Condition the soil: Adding an all-purpose soil conditioner to your flower, vegetable, herb beds will ultimately save you time and money! Feeding the soil with natural nutrients allows the soil to feed the plants, as it was meant to do. The plants draw nutrients from the soil as needed, so you don’t have to do it every week/month.
· Compost: Collect kitchen scraps (coffee grounds, egg shells, fruit/vegetable scraps), grass clippings, debris (leaves, twigs), and add them to a compost pile. You will be amazed at what nutrient-rich compost will appear… like magic. Use it in your garden and experience the wonderful results!
· Use alternative methods of pest control: Provide an open invitation to your garden for birds and bats- they are natural pest controllers and they don’t charge you for their services!